Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 6, Question 3

One concept that I thought was interesting from this chapter was verbal interaction analysis. Verbal interaction analysis traces the number of times group member interact with each other. When I read this I thought it was a little silly. I thought if you are working in a group then of course you are going to be interacting with your members all the time. As I thought about it more and thought back on all of my group work experiences I realized that many group members can go through an entire project and not talk to one or maybe 2 or three group members. Being a college student I know how busy we can be at times. When group projects are assigned it can be difficult for everyone’s schedules to match up and meet. When this happens group members tend to communicate through email and text messages. If one group member takes on the role of leader then they talk to all the group members and communicates the information out to everyone. By doing this not all the group members need to communicate with each other. I thought that was a really interesting concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment